We call it the multi-tasker! Jojoba oil – an ingredient that has a relentless presence in natural skincare and make up product labels, and has become a household name over the last decade. Since there is plenty of evidence supporting the use of pure jojoba oil as a remedy for acne, dry skin, and countless other skin conditions, we wouldn’t leave this super ingredient out of the mix for our skincare line. But before that, we deep dive on the source and the benefits of jojoba oil.
What is Jojoba Oil?
Jojoba oil is extracted from the seeds of the Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) plant. In reality, it is an oil-like wax but since is appears as an oil, it is assumed to be one. This is a really stable natural ingredient that has a long shelf life and is resistant to high temperatures. It was in 1970s that manufacturers started adding jojoba oil to food and cosmetics tapping on its versatility.
Top Five Benefits of Jojoba Oil
The multifaceted jojoba oil has a number of benefits that supports skincare
- Antioxidant - Jojoba oil is rich in the natural form of Vitamin E. This means that products that are made from jojoba oil can help your skin fight oxidative stress caused by exposure to pollutants and toxins.
- Hypoallergenic – In simple terms, jojoba oil does not cause irritation to the skin and has extremely low chances of causing allergy. This is primarily because it is a wax and not an oil, ensuring that skin does not absorb colossal quantities of it.
- Promotes Collagen – Jojoba oil is a catalyst in the production of collagen in the human body, which in turn is an essential protein that gives structure to the skin. An optimum amount of collagen in the body reduces formation of wrinkles.
- Healing – The oil promotes natural healing of the skin. This means decrease in dryness, flaking, itching, and related symptoms. It also soothes burns and acne.
- Moisturizing – Jojoba oil seals the seal the top layer of the skin with a protective barrier to keep it from losing moisture. This also helps in protection against bacterial infections, acne, and dandruff.
Jojoba Oil in Cinnamon Soul Products
At Cinnamon Soul, we use organic jojoba oil in most of our products. This means that the plants where the oil is sourced from are grown and farmed using sustainable practices. This helps us get the most healthy and nutrient-rich version which is packed with benefits. Our award winning Citrus oil is backed by jojoba oil, hydrating the skin and retaining moisture. It works so well that you will not feel the need for a body lotion after having a bath. In the Gentlemen’s collection the Hydrating Beard includes a blend of jojoba oil with other
ingredients, ensuring that it moisturises, nourishes and softens your skin. One can see the reduction in dryness and controlling frizz in a matter of days.
Jojoba oil is the superfood for skin, nails and hair and a vital part of the ingredients in Cinnamon Soul products. We love all it’s incredible benefits and can’t wait for you to explore them too.